Get everyone talking with these cool – but undeniably weird, unavoidable facts! Your friends might enjoy playing virtual trivia games based on these weird facts.
It’s also possible to surprise someone by sending them one of these strange, but true facts via text message.
With 110 unusual facts to choose from, you’ll never get bored with this information.
Stranger than fiction is a saying for a reason. There is no denying that the world has some pretty incredible things to offer, from impressive inventions to natural wonders. The unexpected can surprise you just when you think you’re too used to it and you know everything.
Can you imagine what the driving time to space would be? How about the location of a quarter of your body’s bones? Is it a nighttime rainbow? This collection of trivia facts will provide you with all that information and more.
Here are 65 bizarre facts that will blow your mind. Check out these amazing facts to blow your mind
Weird Facts You Won’t Believe Are True
1. Humans have been performing dentistry since 7000BC, which makes dentists one of the oldest professions.
2. The first-ever documented feature film was made in Australia in 1906.
3. Ancient Roman surgeons were trained to block out the screams of human pain.
4. From 1953 to 1957, NBC’s Today Show had a chimpanzee co-host named J. Fred Muggs. It is estimated he brought in the network around $100 million.
5. Apples, peaches, and raspberries are all members of the rose family.
6. There is a geocache on the International Space Station placed in 2008. It has since been visited four times by other astronauts.
7. Canada eats more macaroni and cheese than any other nation in the world.
8. Scotland wanted to replicate the Parthenon bigger and cheaper in 1826. It was never completed and is now nicknamed “Scotland’s Disgrace”.
9. A French general gave John Quincy Adams a pet alligator. Adams kept it in one of the White House bathtubs and enjoyed showing it off.
10. Snakes can help predict earthquakes. They can sense a coming earthquake from 75 miles away, up to five days before it happens.
11. The hand and footprints in front of Los Angeles’s Chinese Theater tradition started accidentally when silent film actress, Norma Talmadge stepped on wet cement.
12. An animal’s yawn based on how large their brain is. The bigger the brain, the longer they will yawn.
13. In Switzerland, it is illegal to own just one guinea pig. This is because guinea pigs are social animals, and they are considered victims of abuse if they are alone
14. There are more Lego mini-figures than there are people on Earth.
15. Dinosaurs would swallow large rocks which stayed in their stomach to help churn and digest food.
Weird Facts You’ll Want To Tell Your Friends
The weight of a typical cloud is how much do you know? A million and a half pounds! How cool is that? Quite the challenge, indeed. Unlike, say, the fact that it rains diamonds on Jupiter, this is not a well-known and absolutely logical fact.
Oh, you weren’t aware of that, too? You can relax, the folks at ScoopWhoop gathered for us a collection of twenty unbelievable and bizarre facts. They made great minimalistic illustrations for each one.
Even though this series is called “Bullshit Facts”, all the information provided is well-researched and completely accurate. Instead of B, change it to WOW! Be sure to keep the “Bullshit Facts” gallery in mind in advance.
More: Scoop Whoop
- The longest time between two twins being born is 87 days.
- The world’s deepest postbox is in Susami Bay in Japan. It’s 10 metres underwater.
- In 2007, an American man named Corey Taylor tried to fake his own death in order to get out of his cell phone contract without paying a fee. It didn’t work.
- The oldest condoms ever found date back to the 1640s (they were found in a cesspit at Dudley Castle), and were made from animal and fish intestines.
- In 1923, jockey Frank Hayes won a race at Belmont Park in New York despite being dead — he suffered a heart attack mid-race, but his body stayed in the saddle until his horse crossed the line for a 20–1 outsider victory.
- Everyone has a unique tongue print, just like fingerprints.
- Most Muppets are left-handed. (Because most Muppeteers are right-handed, so they operate the head with their favoured hand.)
- Female kangaroos have three vaginas.