Tom Brady, also known as Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr., was born in San Mateo, California on August 3, 1977. He’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback, who led and pushed his teams to record-breaking seven victories in Super Bowl.
Tom Brady went to Junipero Serra High School in San Mateo, where he excelled remarkably at both baseball and football. He graduated from school in 1995, after which he relinquished a chance to enter the Major League Baseball draft in that year to attend the University of Michigan.
He was a member of the football team in school, but he did not dedicate much time to it during his first two years of college. It was during the junior year that he served as the opening quarterback, throwing 350 passes for about 2,363 yards. His led his team to a stupendous victory at an Orange Bowl during his final season.
Who is Tom Brady?
The NFL’s New England Patriots
Brady was drafted in 2000, and he also won four Super Bowl MVP awards along with three NFL MVP awards. He is dubbed as the greatest quarterback to have come up in the present era.
In the 2001 season’s second game, Brady was selected to replace Drew Bledsoe, who suffered an injury at the time. Although his game wasn’t as spectacular as his previous ones, he showed his consistency, minimized mistakes and made simple plays. The team, under Brady’s captainship, posted an incredible 11-3 record and defeated the St. Louis Rams.
After achieving a series of feats over the years, there can a sudden downturn Brady’s life in May 2015. This is the year when the AFC Championship game suspended Brady for having knowledge of football deflations prior to a crucial playoff game. He was benched for the first four games in the 2016 lineup, but he later led the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LIII to defeat the Los Angeles Rams.
In March 2020, Tom Brady signed a contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He reunited with Rob Gronkowski, the New England player who joined his beloved quarterback in Tampa Bay after his retirement. In February 2021, the seventh Super Bowl fell straight on Brady’s lap after he defeated Patrick Mahomes, the quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs.
How many Super Bowls has Tom Brady won?
Tom Brady, as the New England Patriots quarterback, made eight Super Bowl appearances and won five of them.
How many rings does Tom Brady have?
Tom Brady is one of only two players in the entire history of the NFL to have won five rings in Super Bowl. Arguably the greatest quarterback of all time, Tom Brady has made an NFL-record 10 Super Bowl appearances and gained five Super Bowl MVP awards — the most ever by a particular player.
- Tom Brady – 7.
- Joe Montana – 4.
- Terry Bradshaw – 4.
- Troy Aikman – 3.
- Eli Manning – 2.
- Peyton Manning – 2.
- Ben Roethlisberger – 2.
- John Elway – 2.
Tom Brady Net Worth
Tom Brady has a net worth of close of $259 million. The 43-year-old NFL legend earned close to $217.2 million—something that makes him the fourth-highest paid NFL player. He also entered into endorsement deals with Beats by Dre, Shields and Under Armour, making close to a whopping $8 million a year. In 2021, Brady receives about $25 million from his new contract with Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Interesting facts about Tom Brady
Besides the knowledge of him being a remarkable Super Bowl player and NFL quarterback, there are a couple of things you didn’t know about Tom Brady. Here are a few interesting facts about this sports personality you should definitely know:
- Tom Brady was one of those selected in the 2000 NFL Draft before the New England Patriots chose him for the sixth round.
- Brady was the seventh-string quarterback in Ann Arbor for the Michigan Wolverines. He backed Brian Griese prior to defeating Drew Henson in his junior year.
- Brady is married to Gisele Bündchen, who has been the top-earning supermodel of the world for a decade. His earnings are far less than the $1 billion that his wife rakes in from her career.
- Brady is a happy father to two cute sons, the older one Jack and the younger one Benny, and a sweet daughter, Vivian.
- Owns a production company called 199 Productions after he was chosen as the 199th overall in 2000 in the sixth round to the team New England Patriots.
- Brady has been selected to fourteen Pro Bowls. He ties an NFL record with remarkable players like Tony Gonzalez, Bruce Matthews and Peyton Manning.
- At 43 years old, Brady has six Super Bowl rings and is currently leading his Tampa Bay Buccaneers through a deep playoff run.
He lost more than $60 million to make sure the Patriots were consistently one of the biggest teams in the NFL
- He fell asleep in the locker room before his first Super Bowl.
- He’s proven that he can still play amongst the best in his 40sCheck out Tom Brady’s draft story!
The Brady 6: Journey of the Legend NO ONE Wanted!