Sheepshead Fish Have Human-like Teeth
The Sheepshead fish (Archosargus probatocephalus) are pretty real and those pearly white teeth are all-natural. Belonging to the Gulf and Atlantic coasts of the United States, the sheepshead is a special fish that’s taken the internet by storm because its teeth are very human-like.
Facts About The Fish With Human Teeth
They’re so powerful they can chew metal fishhooks in half.
They weigh around 21.2 lbs (9.6 kg) and approaching 91 cm (35.8 inches) in length.
- Adult sheepshead fish favour habitats with some amount of topographic relief and are also commonly spotted near oyster reefs.
- The sheepshead fish is a deep-bodied, compressed marine fish with sharp dorsal spines.
- The back of the sheepshead is elevated behind its head, which is sloping and deep in profile.
- Its scales are finely serrated and it has sharp dorsal spines.
- Its body colour is usually green-yellow or gray in colour and marked with 5-7 vertical black bars.
This fish is located from Cape Cod, Massachusetts south through Florida (the greatest gathering of the sheepshead fish are found here) and the Gulf of Mexico, all the way down to Brazil.
Let’s just look at pictures of the teeth of a sheepshead fish
Check Out: Norwegian Forest Cats