As winter begins to melt into spring, it’s time to start gearing up for warmer weather, which means enjoying libations on patios and porches. Set your taste buds to stun with TheRecipe’s Star Trek-inspired recipes to take you to the final frontier and beyond!
The Cardassian Sunrise is a popular drink in the Star Trek universe, especially in Quark’s Bar near Cardassia.
- 1 oz tequila or rum
- 1 oz fresh orange juice
- 1 oz grenadine
- Sliced orange or mint for garnish
- In a tall‚ glass, add tequila and orange juice.
- Slowly pour in grenadine over a spoon and allow it to settle at the bottom of the glass.
- Garnish with sliced orange and mint and enjoy!
Romulan Ale is a powerful blue drink that is illegal in the Federation, and a challenge even for species as stout as the Klingons.
- 2 oz Blue Curaçao
- 2 oz Blue Moon beer
- Splash of lime juice
- Combine all ingredients and enjoy.
Klingon Bloodwine is a popular alcoholic beverage, and most other species can barely tolerate it. While blood wine is traditionally served warm, this martini is our twist.
- 3 oz gin or vodka
- 2 oz freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 oz red vermouth
- Blood orange slices for garnish
- Add all of the ingredients to a shaker with a handful of ice.
- Shake well!
- Strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a slice of blood orange and enjoy!
Vulcan blood is copper-based, and therefore green. This is our ode to the great Vulcan Ambassador: Spock.
- 4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 packet lemon-lime Kool-Aid powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 6 oz limeade concentrate
- Citrus soda, such as Sprite
- Vodka (if desired)
- Cherry for garnish
- Mix the pineapple juice, Kool-Aid powder, sugar, water, limeade, and vodka (if using).
- Place into a freezer overnight.
- Allow to thaw slightly and place into blender.
- Fill a glass halfway with the frozen mixture and fill the glass the rest of the way with Sprite.
- Mix with a spoon and top with a cherry, if desired. Enjoy!