Amazing Happy Mother’s Day quotes – honour all the special things about being a mother, from the gentleness of motherhood to the craziness of day-to-day life. Short and sweet quotes to inspiring and funny quotes, show your Mom how much you care with a quote on her special day.
Mother’s Day Quotes | Mother Daughter Quotes
- “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” —Abraham Lincoln
- “My mother has always been my emotional barometer and my guidance. I was lucky enough to get to have one woman who truly helped me through everything.” —Emma Stone
- “I believe in the strength and intelligence and sensitivity of women. My mother, my sisters [they] are strong. My mum is a strong woman and I love her for it.” —Tom Hiddleston
- “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” —Jill Churchill
- Mothers are like buttons. They hold everything together.
~ Author Unknown
- There’s a reason some people think they can achieve anything. They listened to their mother.
~ Author Unknown
- A mother’s hug lasts long after she lets go.
- “My mother was a reader, and she read to us. She read us Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde when I was 6 and my brother was 8; I never forgot it.” —Stephen King
- “It has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. My mom says some days are like that.” —Judith Viorst in Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” —Oprah Winfrey
- The older I grow, the more I realize that my mother is the best “best friend” that I ever had.
~ Author Unknown
- “A mother is the one who fills your heart in the first place.”
“All that I ever am and hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.”
“There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.”
“Mothers: All love begins and ends there.”
“On Mother’s Day it isn’t smart to give your mom a broken heart.”
“Life doesn’t come with a manual. It comes with a mother.”
“A mother’s love endures through all.”
- “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” —Sophia Loren
- “She raised us with humor, and she raised us to understand that not everything was going to be great—but how to laugh through it.” —Liza Minnelli (on mom Judy Garland)
- “If I were hanged on the highest hill / Mother o’ mine, O mother o’ mine! / I know whose love would follow me still / Mother o’ mine, O mother o’ mine!” —Rudyard Kipling
- “Because I feel that, in the Heavens above / The angels, whispering to one another, / Can find, among their burning terms of love / None so devotional as that of ‘Mother’” —Edgar Allen Poe
- “Never gonna go a day without you / Fills me up just thinking about you / I’ll never go a day without my mama” —Boyz II Men
- “Mama, you taught me to do the right things / So now you have to let your baby fly / You’ve given me everything that I will need / To make it through this crazy thing called life” —Carrie Underwood
- “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” —Robert Browning
- “You sacrificed for us. You’re the real MVP.” —Kevin Durant
- “Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears.” —Kate Winslet
- “I see myself as mom first. I’m so lucky to have that role in life. The world can like me, hate me or fall apart around me and at least I wake up with my kids and I’m happy.” —Angelina Jolie
- “Acceptance, tolerance, bravery, compassion. These are the things my mom taught me.” —Lady Gaga
- “If I’ve learned anything as a mom with a daughter who’s three, I’ve learned that you cannot judge the way another person is raising their kid. Everybody is just doing the best they can. It’s hard to be a mom.” —Maggie Gyllenhaal
“I can imagine no heroism greater than motherhood.”